Ceramics Sector is one of the rapidly Growing Sector of Bangladesh. The major products are Tiles, sanitary ware, Tableware .This Sector has seen some strong outside investments particularly From UAE and China. The main problem of this sector is He said the entire ceramics industry has to rely on import for raw materials, mostly from China, which is the main competitor of Bangladesh.
7 Facts About the ceramics industry of Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh Ceramics is exported to 45+ Countries
- The Export of ceramics in 2011-2012 are 33.75 Millions
- Total Sector investment is 3000 crore , Local market size 1500 Crore
- Bangladesh exports two types of ceramics Porcelain and Bone China
- Largest Export Destinations:USA, Italy, Spain, France,New Zealand,Netherlands, Australia, Sweden
- There are 21 Ceramics Unit Throughout the country.
- Some White Clay Deposits have been discovered in Mymensingh,Sylhet and Netrokona.