Silk fabric has become very popular nowadays. It is very much standard and classy among both males and females. You can wear it regularly or in programs and functions. Almost every country is now manufacturing it, including Bangladesh. They are also earning a lot of foreign currencies by exporting and importing this kind of fabric. So to expand and generate more profit from the business of Silk Fabric, Wholesale is essential. Now let us learn everything about silk fabric wholesale in Bangladesh.
The businessman who wants to do business with this fabric should have a clear idea about all the pros and cons of this fabric. Quality and the quantity of the material, color selection, and types of choice are very much essential to run the business without loss.
At first, let us look at what is Silk fabric and different types of it.
What is silk fabric?
Silk is a natural protein fiber that is found in silkworms. One of the best-known insect to produce silk is the mulberry silkworm. After the silk fibers are made from the silkworms, they are woven to textile to make clothes. And the delivered product is known as silk fabric.
This fabric has a shining effect as it is made from natural fiber. It can also be compared with a prism that reflects numerous colors in different lighting. After China, India is the second biggest manufacturer of silk fabric.
Types of silk fabric
There are different types of silk fabric. Here are some famous and most commonly used silk fabric:
- Satin Silk: It has a smooth and polished surface on the accurate side and a rough surface on the opposite side. This is woven for dresses, jackets, and party wears.
- Chiffon: This is semi-transparent and very lightweight. Therefore it needs another fabric like cotton beneath it at the time of sewing. Silk chiffon is used to make saree, scarf, and party wears.
- Crepe: It is light to medium weight. It has a matt texture at the right surface. Dresses, blouses, and undergarments are made from crepe.
- China silk: This fabric can be both light and medium weight. Traditionally they were made in Japan, but now it mostly comes from China. This fabric is soft with a shimmering finish. Dresses, blouses, and coats are made from this.
- Georgette: This is a lightweight fabric and easy to carry. It is sometimes made from polyester. This is mainly woven for dresses, blouses, and party wear.
- Organza: This fabric is solid as it is made from tough threads. But it is very light weighted. Due to this, it might be challenging to sew. It is quite costly and used for bridal wear and party wear
- Tussah silk: It has a medium weight and rough texture. It is generally used for shirts, pants, and dresses.
- Cotton silk: It has a combination of silk and cotton. Therefore it is soft and light-weighted. It is mostly used to make ladies wear.
- Linen silk: Like cotton silk, it is also a combination of silk and linen. So it is slightly dense and medium weight. It
has a soft and shiny surface. Both ladies and gents wear dresses made from this fabric.
- Velvet: It is medium to heavyweight with a soft and luxurious feel. It is easy to cut and sew. But there are also cheap velvets that are made from cotton, rayon, and artificial fibers. Most ladies’ dresses are made from this fabric.
Why is silk fabric wholesale beneficial for Bangladesh?
As the demand for silk fabric is very high in Bangladesh, it should be wholesaled in a large quantity in case of doing business. If it is not, then he or she will not be able to meet the need of the customers.
So the first and most significant business policy of doing silk fabric is to do wholesale of the product. This will result in meeting the requirements of the buyers, and also, the supplier will get the product at a comparatively lower price than retailing.
Who are the silk fabric suppliers in Bangladesh?
Bangladesh also manufactures and supplies silk fabric. There are many companies who wholesale silk fabric, such as:
- Index Silk Bd. Ltd: Silk Fabric Supplier
- Suha Silk: Manufactures and Exports Silk Fabrics
- Fiber 2 Fashion: Processes Raw Silk
- JSM Textile & Garments: Silk Supplier
- Brothers Weaving Factory: Manufactures and Exports Silk Fabrics
Which countries export silk fabric?
Silk fabric was first introduced and supplied by China. But now many countries also manufacture silk materials and provides them throughout the whole world. Through this, they are earning a lot of foreign currencies.
Countries like Japan, India, Malaysia, Pakistan, Turkey, South Korea, etc. are manufacturing high-quality silk. They have successfully created demand among the customers through their excellent quality.
How are silk and silk fabric made?
Silk is not found prepared. It needs to go through a few steps to be ready. And these steps are known as sericulture. Female silkworms are to be collected for this process. It can lay around 300-500 eggs at a time. After the eggs are hatched, they are kept in an incubator to form into larvae (caterpillars).
During this time, they are fed a vast quantity of mulberry leaves to ensure growth. It will take six weeks to grow, which is around 3 inches. Now they are ready to spin their cocoon by turning their body. This process takes approximately 3 to 8 days. Each silkworm yield a single thread of silk.
Steps to Produce Silk:
After the cocoon is formed from the larvae, it is ready to be processed for making silk fabric. The processes are as follows:
- Heating and washing the cocoons: After the cocoon is harvested, it is boiled in hot water to make it soft and to remove the stickiness that is holding the cocoons together. This also prevents to germinate worms if there is any. The heated cocoons then are to be washed with soap and brush. Each thread is then carefully separated into a long thread.
- Dyeing: Before starting the dyeing, the threads are to be bleached. For dyeing, natural resources are used like fruits or indigo plant leaves. This process has to do multiple times to ensure proper color and quality.
- Spinning: The silk threads are now rotated in a wheel so that it remains organized. There are several ways to do this, such as hand spinning, ring spinning, mule spinning, etc.
- Weaving: This is the most crucial step where the final piece of silk is produced. There are several ways to do it, such as satin wave, plain wave, or open wave. The quality of silk depends on the process of the wave. This process makes the material strong and able to make dresses. Thus, silk is produced.
Favorable season to use silk fabric
Silk fabrics are very synthetic and cannot be used throughout the whole year. The most favorable season to use silk fabric is
winter. Because winter is comparatively cold rather than other seasons. As the silk fabric is soft and shiny, it is better not to use it in summer and rainy season.
We get sweat, and our body temperature also remains high in summer. As a result, there is a possibility of having a stain in the cloth. And even in the rain, the fabric will get dirty.
How to wash and iron silk fabric?
As there are different types of silk fabrics, so the washing method is also different from one another. But for all the silk fabrics, it is better to hand wash rather than machine wash. You can also dry-wash it. It would be best if you avoid using so much detergents as it will fade the original color, and the cloth will look rough and old.
Like the washing method, it also has a proper way to iron. Silk clothes should always be ironed on the wrong side without steam. If you do not do so, it will result in burning the cloth. You can also iron the right surface, but by pressing a different material on it.
I hope now you have learned everything about silk fabric wholesale in Bangladesh. In our country, the production of silk is increasing. The government and also many NGOs are giving land to the businessman who is willing to manufacture it.
Workers are also needed to be skilled enough to manufacture the fabric as they are known as the queen of textiles. It is also an expensive material because of its high quality. So in the case of doing business, the quality matter should not be overlooked. Otherwise, the customer will not buy silk fabric a second time.